Markerstudy Group

Green Card requirements in the event of no-deal Brexit

Main Image

You may have read in the news that in the event of a no deal Brexit, customers who will be driving in the EU after 29th March will be required under EU regulations to obtain a Green Card as proof of insurance. This Green Card document will be supplied by insurers and as those who travel without one may be breaking the law, customers are advised to contact their insurer about a month before travelling to obtain one. A Green Card is also a requirement for EU motorists travelling to the UK.

Among those affected are:

  • People who drive across the Northern Ireland/Republic of Ireland border.
  • Anyone planning to take their vehicle to Europe e.g. a family planning a holiday to France in the Easter holidays.
  • Any freight company planning to transport goods into the EU after 29th March.

If you have a Markerstudy Insurance Services Limited Motor Insurance policy and are intending to drive your vehicle in Europe anytime from now until the end of April - please contact your broker as soon as possible.

Further information is available from the Government; the following briefings have been made available on their website. Please review these to understand your obligations:



Leave a Comment